With HPC® Coating you get heat protection that surpasses conventional insulation. HPC® Coating is a ceramic-based, water-borne thermal coating designed for extreme heat situations. It can be applied in multiple coats and built up as needed to achieve the desired level of insulation.
The HPC® Coating system (including HPC HT Coating) is designed to coat surfaces that sustain temperatures up to 600°C (1,112°F) .
This insulation method is much different than the traditional “wrap” insulation materials which only slow down the loss of heat (known as an R rating or “heat transfer”). The seven non- conductive ceramic compounds used in HPC® Coating create a barrier to catch and hold heat on the surface of the unit—whether pipe, furnace surface, or boiler, etc. Unlike wraps that use air as the insulation component, the ceramic compounds in HPC® coating resist absorbing heat radiating from the surface. HPC® Coating traps and holds the heat onto the surface for more effective insulation performance.
HPC® Coating is applied by spraying directly on operating hot surfaces that have previously been power-cleaned. As heat actually aids in the curing process, there is no need for a disruptive shutdown. Since HPC® bonds to the substrate, it also greatly reduces problems associated with corrosion under insulation (CUI).
- Reduced Maintenance/Easy to Apply – No need for shutdown. Apply directly to hot pipes while operating. Coats and protects areas that are difficult access with much thicker fiberglass insulation such as elbows and valves.
- Increased Insulation – Additional coats immediately reduce surface temperature and heat loss.
- Better Protection – HPC® Coating protects against condensation due to its complete surface bond, and prevents CUI (Corrosion Under Insulation), a common problem with conventional insulation.
- Long Lasting – Does not absorb humidity or lose insulation value when over coated.
- Safe – HPC® Coating is water-based, non-flammable, and non-toxic.
- Coverage – Can be sprayed to fit over any configuration or shape.
- Reduction of external temperature of hot surfaces, aiding worker safety. Can build layers as needed to reduce the temperature to the desired level.
- Reduction of heat loss translates into considerable energy savings.
- Stops condensation in environments with large temperature differences.
- Stops CUI (Corrosion Under Insulation).
- HPC® Coating will cover previous coatings, provided they are fully adhered to the surface.
For the most updated HPC and HPT HT Tech Data Sheet, Application Instructions, and SDS Sheet, please contact us.
Call us at 917-836-7816 for more information about our products or services
Monday - Friday
9:00AM - 5:00PM